This stuffed red pepper recipe is a great way to use leftovers from the week to make a delicious meal that is packed full of nutrition and is FODMAP friendly.
Serves 4. Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and sauté until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl of zucchini, and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and ribs from inside. Stuff the peppers with the quinoa mixture.
- Place the stuffed peppers in an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and add the feta to the top of each pepper (if using). Re-cover with the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Per Serving (1 pepper): Calories: 154, Carbohydrates: 27g, Fat: 3g, Protein: 6g, Fiber: 5g, Sodium: 90mg
Recipe kindly provided by Fit Fab FODMAP from the book The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners: A 7-Day Plan to Beat Bloat and Soothe Your Gut with Recipes for Fast IBS ReliefBuy the Book